Go Back   OC Punk Discussion Forum > General
User Name
Password
OC Punk Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Mini Stats
Users 5,372 Articles 0
Users Articles
Threads 10,192 Reviews 0
Threads Reviews
Posts 83,813 Polls 48
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 0
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 0
Links Ads
More...
  #1  
Old 04-20-2006, 04:23 AM
rj426
 
Posts: n/a
Todd, Chalmer, Gary/Jerry?

Todd Barnes, Chalmer Lumary, & some dude named Gary or Jerry had a band back in the mid to late 80's playing around OC called Van Hated. One of the best live bands i've ever seen, i'd give my left nut for a copy of their stuff, anyone?

RJ
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-23-2006, 04:13 AM
ARMoReD FiST's Avatar
ARMoReD FiST ARMoReD FiST is offline
Old School Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: OC/HB
Posts: 5,454
ARMoReD FiST is on a distinguished road
VAN HATED

oh hey now...

wow.

Been a long time since I heard that name.

CHALMER

yea, I remember, and chalmer was in the
mix before clackenbush. He was the
original singer for "HATED" and they did
alot of shows in NEWPORT BEACH then.

I dunno what ever happened to that guy.

You gotta remember, even the HATED was
much later. Almost like 2nd generation...
but, closer to late 1st....

"Punk is dead" TYPE of era bullshit......

when people thought the scene was
in it's darkest years.

Chalmer.....that name brought up some
memories....

Seemed like he was around, almost as
fast as he was gone. All of two years.

I think he was a part of the punk rock
"Fad" ---> but he had fans. Alot of em'

Yea, I remember that guy.

As for "HATED" recordings???

Good luck.

That was during the "Dark Period".

Punk was in transition. HB in decline.

I'll keep my ears to the ground tho.

C'ya

-AF
__________________
The right thing to do...is never the easiest way...But.. the hardest thing to do...however painful... is almost always right! When in doubt...Use Tactical NUKES!... then spin HAVE A BEER WITH FEAR!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-23-2006, 04:44 AM
ARMoReD FiST's Avatar
ARMoReD FiST ARMoReD FiST is offline
Old School Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: OC/HB
Posts: 5,454
ARMoReD FiST is on a distinguished road
Todd Barnes

-Sad Story.

He was my friend, and I have a picture of
him at a practice session of Vicious Circle.
Long Beach practice, when he was 16
somewhere over in Long Beach on Spring Street & Willow.

We did shows together, and he was cool.
I look at that picture of us together.....
and jack g. and I am amazed at the...
"Energy" that eminates from V.C.

You gotta remember, that is during the
"FLEETWOOD" heyday....under BLACK FLAG....GERMS, X and Alice Bag.

Todd was a "Mellow" dude.

Never talked shit on anyone. Quiet. Real.
He just got caught up in the bullshit.....
after the whole TSOL thing went south.

Todd Barnes, will always have my deep
and well honored respect. Forever.

And that guy "Gerry"/Jerry" you are...
talking about....

is really a guy named; "Joe Wood" of
the "Loners" ---> a Punk gone rockabilly

and vice versa.

That was COMMON for punkers then.

It was that.....oR...."GLAM" New York...
STYLE.....JONESES, and Steve Huston
from the KLAN. Post CIRCA STRAY CATS.

That too....occurred during the "Dark"
period....

Hope that helps!

-AF
__________________
The right thing to do...is never the easiest way...But.. the hardest thing to do...however painful... is almost always right! When in doubt...Use Tactical NUKES!... then spin HAVE A BEER WITH FEAR!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2006, 05:51 PM
mrguinness mrguinness is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5
mrguinness
van hated

The Hated had three seven inch records that they could'nt give away at Zed records in Long Beach, but I though they were good.. Steve Real was the singer of the Hated. Chalmer was the bassist of the Hated. He replaced Joe Woods as bassist. He also went on to replace Human Tshirt in the Vandals. Chalmer was also the singer of Van Hated. Gary Van Boemel (RIP) was the guitarist for both the Hated and Van Hated. Todd was the drummer of Van Hated. Bob Haddad was the drummer of the Hated
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-25-2006, 09:56 PM
ARMoReD FiST's Avatar
ARMoReD FiST ARMoReD FiST is offline
Old School Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: OC/HB
Posts: 5,454
ARMoReD FiST is on a distinguished road
Bob Haddad

Holy Crap!

Hadn't heard THAT NAME in YEARS.

Yes, Mrguiness you do "Jog" my memory.

Thank you.

It's nice to know, others can post up....
with a mindful recollection of "Dark Years"

I could enter into a "Tirate" on the reason
but I think you know, why.

Much diminished capacity, recalls that
MANY of us...STILL must "Apologize" for
the things WE DO NOT REMEMBER doing.

We're NOT alone. MIA/VANDALS/SF and
MANY others, are also guilty of this....

INCLUDING BOB HADDAD!

Great post.

Thanks, man.

-AF
__________________
The right thing to do...is never the easiest way...But.. the hardest thing to do...however painful... is almost always right! When in doubt...Use Tactical NUKES!... then spin HAVE A BEER WITH FEAR!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:21 PM
S.A.T.C.'s Avatar
S.A.T.C. S.A.T.C. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: H.B.
Posts: 2,488
S.A.T.C. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMoReD FiST View Post
oh hey now...

wow.

Been a long time since I heard that name.

CHALMER

yea, I remember, and chalmer was in the
mix before clackenbush. He was the
original singer for "HATED" and they did
alot of shows in NEWPORT BEACH then.

I dunno what ever happened to that guy.

You gotta remember, even the HATED was
much later. Almost like 2nd generation...
but, closer to late 1st....

"Punk is dead" TYPE of era bullshit......

when people thought the scene was
in it's darkest years.

Chalmer.....that name brought up some
memories....

Seemed like he was around, almost as
fast as he was gone. All of two years.

I think he was a part of the punk rock
"Fad" ---> but he had fans. Alot of em'

Yea, I remember that guy.

As for "HATED" recordings???

Good luck.

That was during the "Dark Period".

Punk was in transition. HB in decline.

I'll keep my ears to the ground tho.

C'ya

-AF
Dam Scott I was just going through some old shit here and saw this. You were mixing 3 bands together. A lot of the info was way off.. this one and the next post.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
S.A.T.C.'s Avatar
S.A.T.C. S.A.T.C. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: H.B.
Posts: 2,488
S.A.T.C. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMoReD FiST View Post
-Sad Story.

He was my friend, and I have a picture of
him at a practice session of Vicious Circle.
Long Beach practice, when he was 16
somewhere over in Long Beach on Spring Street & Willow.

We did shows together, and he was cool.
I look at that picture of us together.....
and jack g. and I am amazed at the...
"Energy" that eminates from V.C.

You gotta remember, that is during the
"FLEETWOOD" heyday....under BLACK FLAG....GERMS, X and Alice Bag.

Todd was a "Mellow" dude.

Never talked shit on anyone. Quiet. Real.
He just got caught up in the bullshit.....
after the whole TSOL thing went south.

Todd Barnes, will always have my deep
and well honored respect. Forever.

And that guy "Gerry"/Jerry" you are...
talking about....

is really a guy named; "Joe Wood" of
the "Loners" ---> a Punk gone rockabilly

and vice versa.

That was COMMON for punkers then.

It was that.....oR...."GLAM" New York...
STYLE.....JONESES, and Steve Huston
from the KLAN. Post CIRCA STRAY CATS.

That too....occurred during the "Dark"
period....

Hope that helps!

-AF
And this one. Gary Van Bomell was in The Hated as well as Van Hated. Chalmer took Joe Woods place in the Hated and then Joe Wood & Bob Haddad did The Loners after that. I know you know that now especially since Hank has been playing with Chalmer lately
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
S.A.T.C.'s Avatar
S.A.T.C. S.A.T.C. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: H.B.
Posts: 2,488
S.A.T.C. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrguinness View Post
The Hated had three seven inch records that they could'nt give away at Zed records in Long Beach, but I though they were good.. Steve Real was the singer of the Hated. Chalmer was the bassist of the Hated. He replaced Joe Woods as bassist. He also went on to replace Human Tshirt in the Vandals. Chalmer was also the singer of Van Hated. Gary Van Boemel (RIP) was the guitarist for both the Hated and Van Hated. Todd was the drummer of Van Hated. Bob Haddad was the drummer of the Hated
Well sorry I didn't see this post between your answer. It says the same thing as my reply for the most part.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM
S.A.T.C.'s Avatar
S.A.T.C. S.A.T.C. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: H.B.
Posts: 2,488
S.A.T.C. is on a distinguished road
The Hated Cease - To Exist

The Hated - Cease To Exist ( The fideo has pictures of Hated & Van Hated in it.)

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
S.A.T.C.'s Avatar
S.A.T.C. S.A.T.C. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: H.B.
Posts: 2,488
S.A.T.C. is on a distinguished road
The Hated - Bad Attitude

The Hated - Bad Attitude

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 AM.

 

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright OCPunk.com. All rights reserved.
Designed by Military Design