View Poll Results: America is Bad?
Agree 23 31.08%
Disagree 51 68.92%
Voters: 74. This poll is closed

Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Old School Punk

ARMoReD FiST is on a distinguished road
America is bad?

In his address to the joint session of Congress, President Obama said that “We cannot shun the negotiating table” in conducting our foreign policy. He’s previously elaborated that “if countries like Iran are willing to unclench their fist, they will find an extended hand from us.” And Iran’s president Ahmedinijad tentatively welcomes “talks based on mutual respect and in a fair atmosphere.”

The shared idea, evidently, is that our conflict with Iran stems largely from a past failure to use so-called diplomacy to settle disputes. Alluding to George W. Bush’s supposedly tough policy, Obama has said he wants to restore “the same respect and partnership that America had with the Muslim world as recently as 20 or 30 years” ago.

Really? Thirty years ago this November, followers of Ayatollah Khomeini, who spearheaded Iran’s Islamic revolution, stormed the U.S. embassy in Teheran and took the personnel hostage. President Carter gently admonished Iran, but ruled out military retaliation. Instead his advisors spent months dreaming up schemes to bribe Iran into releasing the hostages–while bending over backward to enable the regime to save face. In the end Khomeini’s Islamist theocracy collected a handsome payoff for its aggression, and concluded, rightly, that if attacked, America would crumple to its knees.

Was Obama thinking of the 1980s? In April 1983 Iran’s jihadist proxies in Lebanon rammed a truck bomb into the U.S. Embassy in Beirut; the Reagan administration responded by doing nothing. Months later, encouraged by Washington’s inaction, Teheran issued a kill order–via its ambassador in Syria–to its allied groups in Beirut. Early one morning, an Islamist suicide bomber set off a massive explosion at the barracks where U.S. marines were sleeping and killed 241 of them.

Reagan spouted hot air about not backing down–and soon after ordered the U.S. troops to bug out. The jihadists wanted America out, they slaughtered our troops, and we caved in and gave them what they wanted.

Osama bin Laden, like jihadists in Iran and elsewhere, viewed our response to the Beirut bombings as further proof that their ideologically driven war was a viable cause. And so, inspired by Iranian aggression, the anti-American jihad kept ramping up.

Maybe Obama meant the fabled halcyon days of the 1990s, when President Clinton tried to mend fences with Iran?

In 1996 a team of jihadists–financed and trained by Teheran–blew up the Khobar Towers building in Saudi Arabia, killing 19 American servicemen. Clinton’s administration learned that Iran was behind the attacks. But Washington brushed aside any notion of retaliating against Iran, in order to facilitate a “reconciliation” with that murderous regime. In an eerie parallel with today, Iran expressed its openness to U.S. groveling–an opportunity Clinton seized.

So, Clinton attended a speech by Iran’s leader at the U.N.; the administration also permitted the sale of much-needed aircraft parts to Iran, among other sweeteners. Granted the cover of respectability, Iran was emboldened to continue fomenting Islamist aggression and avidly pursue its then-embryonic nuclear program.

Obama’s appeasing diplomacy re-enacts the disastrous policy of the past. Our policymakers evaded Iran’s character as an enemy, and by rewarding its aggression with bribes and conciliation, they encouraged a spiral of further attacks.

No. Bush was no exception to this trend. After 9/11 his administration invited Iran–the leading sponsor of Islamist terrorism–to join an anti-terrorism coalition(!). Talk of an axis of evil was quickly abandoned, and Washington backed the European scheme to bribe Iran to halt its nuclear program. By late last year, there was talk of opening a U.S. Special Interests Section (a step down from an embassy) in Iran. Meanwhile Bush’s welfare mission in Iraq negated U.S. security and left Iran untouched to grow more powerful and resolute.

A genuinely new, rational policy toward Iran would turn away from the last 30 years and begin by facing up to Teheran’s ongoing proxy war against us.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Old School Punk

President Obama publicly apologized in his recent trip to Europe for U.S. transgressions against muslim countries, and calls America "Arrogant" in it's nature for it's past policies, and divisive with european nations, while at the same time suggesting that this nation has not taken enough measures to diplomatically resolve Cuba's isolation.

America has not been diplomatic in the past? Last time we were attacked, should have we "negotiated a peace pact" with Al Quaida? While at the same time ignore the fact that numerous U.N. resolutions passed by a world body condemning Iraq for manufacture of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons confirmed by Hans Blix? Still, our elected official head of state Obama can go abroad and besmirch our prestige throughout the world?

As a representative head of state, it is incomprehensible that this man can go abroad amongst our foreign heads of state and allies and speak in this manner, and "Bow" to a saudi king, yet all the while berating our foreign policy?

Last time I checked, Cuba's communists government still condones political genocide of suspected anti government forces, murder and imprisonment of fleeing political refugees?. The closing of Guantanamo Bay suggests that the president is already freeing foreign enemy combatants that will most certainly be found to "Fight another day" on the battle fields of Iraq, and Afghanistan.

So, is America really so bad? I wonder what the hell this man is thinking. Or, if he is so "Junior" he is not thinking at all. There is something to be said for experience. This man has none whatsoever.

Last edited by ARMoReD FiST : 04-09-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Old School Punk

Instead of acting like a "Rock Star" and flying air force one like a "Private Jet" at the taxpayers dime, HE should FOCUS on affairs here at home...

AND....

Quit spending like a drunken sailor, and a bull in a china cabinet. We have REAL serious issues here at home he should be focused on. Some like: Shall we say:

"COMPETENT" cabinet members? AND a flailing economy???
Old 04-09-2009, 09:02 PM

Arab is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMoReD FiST View Post
Instead of acting like a "Rock Star" and flying air force one like a "Private Jet" at the taxpayers dime, HE should FOCUS on affairs here at home...

AND....

Quit spending like a drunken sailor, and a bull in a china cabinet. We have REAL serious issues here at home he should be focused on. Some like: Shall we say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMoReD FiST View Post

AND....

Gee Scott, where have you been, In 200+ years of this once great country we have never had a ship flying an American flag takin over by pirates, yesterday it happened for the first time ever, when asked about it, Barrack Hussien Obama responded by saying he was to busy to comment because he was focusing on the housing crisis at home.........

See he's takin care of business....

Ya know, I dont blame him for being such a bumbling moron, I blame the bumbling guilable morons that voted for him, and we know who you are!!!!!

How about Joe Biden, his latest gaf about schooling Bush in the Oval office is as fucking funny as they come, these guys are the gang that couldnt shoot straight.

The only good thing I have seen him do recently is backpedaling (Again) on one of his campaign promises about Coal Energy, Thank God!

Last edited by Arab : 04-13-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Devil's Advocate!

PintSize is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
In 200+ years of this once great country we have never had a ship flying an American flag takin over by pirates, yesterday it happened for the first time ever, when asked about it, Barrack Hussien Obama responded by saying he was to busy to comment because he was focusing on the housing crisis at home.........

See he's takin care of business....

Game over, chump. He took care of business, I'd say. A good Commander in Chief will never publicly expose his covert ops.

Why don't you tea-bag your fellow blind blow-hard buddies who are also enjoying tax cuts.

Just remember, we were never attacked by terrorists on US soil after the first time we were attacked during the incompetent Bush Administration. Hahahuh.

Although Obama didn't get my vote, he's done more for the good of this country in 90 day then the Bush Administration did in 8 years...

I suppose you will be bitching at the fact that Cuban Americans can now visit their relatives in Cuba again.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:24 PM

The only thing he has done in 90 days is create a budget of almost $10 trillion dollars, more then every budget of every president from Washington to Bush!

Cuban Americans can visit their relatives because of Raul Castro not because of Obama.

You have supported Obama long before he was even nominated, dont try and hide that fact.

A good Commander in Chief is something he will never be!

The Peepsqueeck Video he doesnt want you to see.......

Photobucket
Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM

The only thing he has done in 90 days is create a budget of almost $10 Trillion Dollars, more then every president from Washington to Bush. Tripled the National Debt, Let me say that again, TRIPLED THE NATIONAL DEBT!!!! spent more stimulas money IN 90 DAYS then Iraq, Afghanistan and Katrina, combined. Funny thing is, There was floods in North Dakota and you didnt hear the people there crying about where the federal nanny is, every news source showed the people of North Dakota taking care of their own shit, but tell me, where was your savior? In Europe?

He has gone on his Rock Star tour of Europe and was basically laughed at everywhere he went, what exactly did he do there? Absolutely nothing except to tell the world how bad and arrogant America is.

Dont try and hide the fact that you have been an Obama supporter long before he was even nominated.

Cubans can see their relatives because of Raul Castro, not because of ANYTHING Obama has done.

In 90 days the threat from Iran, North Korea is more serious then ever before, and what has he done about that, NOT JACK SHIT!, meanwhile he is cuddling up to people like Hugo Chavez who are just as much of a threat to the US as Iran and North Korea.

The Video of Peepsqueeck he doesnt want you to see............
Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 PM

S.A.T.C. is on a distinguished road
Just The Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Gee Scott, where have you been, In 200+ years of this once great country we have never had a ship flying an American flag takin over by pirates, yesterday it happened for the first time ever, when asked about it, Barrack Hussien Obama responded by saying he was to busy to comment because he was focusing on the housing crisis at home.........

Hey I hate to have to correct you on this one but we did have a ship with American flag taken in the 70's and a trial for a pirate that had taken a ship about 100 years ago. the Bainbridge the rescued to Captain last week was named after Captain Bainbridge who was taken captive and held for a year by pirates. Sorry Just had to print the facts.

Oh and Pintsize ... You Said ....[quote] Although Obama didn't get my vote, he's done more for the good of this country in 90 day then the Bush Administration did in 8 years... [End]

Well at the time you posted that he had only 83 days not 90. Sorry just the facts. Time will tell if it was good things he did. I think NOT. I have been trying to give him his 100 days before I go off on him. Althought I have to say what a fucking piece of shit president he is. Giving away secrets bowing down to other leadrers and telling other countries that we Americans are fucked up and need to bend over for them. Changing his mind on shit every other day. Going on his rock star trips to tell everyone what ass holes we are on our dime. I am so sick of him on TV everyday. Did someone tell him he won and he don't have to campain anymore? I can go on for a long time but I will wait a few more days.

Oh and half pint you also said this....[quote]
I suppose you will be bitching at the fact that Cuban Americans can now visit their relatives in Cuba again. [end]

I have seen interviews with cubans who now live here and they don't agree with you on this either. If they would go visit they would have to spend money. Money that would support the government that they don't like. The government would win on that by keeping all the money for themselves.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Devil's Advocate!

America is good again. Soon the Anti-American Bush Criminals will be put in their place. Funny, I never knew Dick Cheney could say more then "No Comment". Now he is chirping like a punch drunk song bird. He's in a major downward spiral, soon to crash 'n' burn.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
World Famous Asthmatic

donnieG is on a distinguished road
Welcome back. Haven't heard from you in a while. I miss the banter. But speaking of missing one, you may have dropped the ball on one of your points. America was attacked by a terrorist on its soil prior to 9/11: Timothy McVeigh beat 'em to the punch by a few years.

Otherwise I agree with you on your points. Obama may be making some questionable moves, but he hasn't lost any of his integrity - and he still has a long way to go.

Regardless, where's the fucking teeth of the American public? Yes, we let Bush railroad this country into an economic depression (among his MANY failures), but for Obama to continue the legacy of corporate bail outs...WE ought to be ashamed of ourselves for watching it happen. Again.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Devil's Advocate!

Right you are on the Republican American Domestic Terrorist McVeigh, Donnie G.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:05 AM

saangels is on a distinguished road
"In 200+ years of this once great country"

So you're saying that during the slavery years, we were a great country, but with Barack Obama as president, a pirate attacks a ship off of the horn of Africa, and we are ruined.

The ignorance of your posts are killing me.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
communication breakdown

KillbushTZ is on a distinguished road
Howabout you guys go become president?
Then when you fuck up I'll bitch about it on a forum.
which affects no one.
except the people who already know about it and agree.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:43 PM
fuck off

done211
I'd vote for a pintsize/donnieG ticket in a NY minute. Think of the reform... the mandatory holidays... the mail and the schools would never be the same. Which would be the national anthem? Next depression or government cloud? Either way Id be waving my flannel high !
Old 09-07-2009, 08:18 PM
World Famous Asthmatic

donnieG is on a distinguished road
It's all gonna be one big holiday...

nobody's gonna pay for anything...

It's all free...

Les Pauls falling from the sky...

You're all gonna be invited to that big house of mine...

the only war will take place when we run out of beer...

but once beer starts running from the taps, there will be peace again...

for ever and ever...and ever...

and ever...until we fuck it up again, of course...